McCann balances the practical with the inspirational, and the poignant with the profound, inside this collection of authentic love stories. Full-color drawings illustrate the book throughout and are interspersed with meaningful quotes and little-known facts about love and affection. Divided into four sections based on the distinct seasons of love, Celebrating Love features 150 entries, including:
- Spring: "Love that is not madness is not love." —Pedro Calderón de la Barca
- Summer: Meeting you was fate. Becoming your friend was a choice. Falling in love with you was beyond my control. Becoming your wife was my fairy tale come true.
- Fall: The Geography of Love
- The oldest love song in existence, whose origin is from somewhere between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, was written 4,000 years ago.
- Nevada issues 120,000 marriage licenses a year.
- Winter: I love you, my forgetful wife. Who knew that love not only lasts longer than memory, but that it continues to grow?